Monday, March 04, 2013

Sites around Tokyo Disneyland

Various things are are similar or different in Tokyo Disneyland from other Disneylands...


It's a Small World - the front is almost the same, but scaled down from the original in California


Inside "It's a Small World". The ride was obviously the same, since the ride is in multiple languages already :)


Alice in Wonderland/Queen of Hearts restaurant. In Paris Disneyland, they have an entire attraction that is a hedge maze. This is only a restaurant, but had the same small-scale hedge above.


Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall attraction - within Cinderella's Castle. (the front façade was under renovation.)


there were different small models within telling the story of Cinderella inside the castle. This one was made of origami


view of Fantasy Land from the top of Cinderella's Castle


the one photo I had taken of myself - in front of Mickey and the castle


There were several popcorn stands around the park - at least two in each "land". Several different flavors. This one was curry popcorn


the Tiki Room turned into a Lilo and Stitch attraction. I miss the "In the Tikki Tikki Tikki Tikki Tikki Room song


I rode the train around Western Land. Here are some old familiar sites I haven't seen in a long time. Are they still in the CA Disneyland?


another familiar train site - the old dinosaurs!


Soy Sauce and butter popcorn!


surprisingly short lines at Pirates of the Caribbean. Not sure why. I ended riding it twice throughout the day. 5 minute wait! Other rides were as long as 90 minutes. Longest I waited was 1 hour for the Haunted Mansion


My favorite food item of the day. I didn't get one, but they crack me up!


Lots of mixed Japanese/English signs throughout the park. This was on the Monster's Inc. ride


Monster's Inc.


a picture of a picture of me riding the Monster's Inc. ride


large Mickey and Minnie Legos


Haunted Mansion. All the tombstones were in English, so no one standing in line was reading them...


I thought this was funny: My Mom makes Mickey Mouse Belgium Waffles every Christmas morning for breakfast. This was a restaurant that only served Mickey Mouse waffles! What a set up!


Sadly, this was my dinner. It was yummy!


Cinderella's Castle at night


World Bazaar at night


the entrance at night


I didn't find this until I was leaving! Glad to have gotten a photo of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day...wish I was there with you!- paula