Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today's 10-Mile Training Walk

Only 3 more weeks to train before the big event!

I joined the Warming Hut Hotties for another training walk this morning. We are tapering down a bit since our 40-mile weekend two weeks ago. We took last week off (Labor Day Weekend), and are doing 10-miles each today and tomorrow. We have a 16-mile and a 12-mile walk planned for next weekend, and a 10-mile on Saturday, August 25th. The event is Oct 1-3, so they want to make sure that we're well trained, but not worn out by the time the even rolls around.

We met at the Warming Hut at 7:30am this morning - which was a welcome change from when we met at 6:00 for the 20-mile walks. :) The weather was so beautiful yesterday, and is expected throughout the rest of the weekend. Imagine my surprise, when I encountered thick fog while driving towards the Presidio this morning. Luckily, I was prepared with layers, which gradually made their way off in the course of the walk.


Today's 10-mile route - or, 10.89 miles according to my GPS


The Golden Gate Bridge was just barely peeking through the fog at 7:30am


a neat shot through the fog in the Presidio

Eventually, the sun came out and warmed us up. By the time we were back in Crissy Field, it was a gorgeous and clear day.


The Golden Gate Bridge at 11:30am


Today's final stats - I need to enter in my wait so it can calculate calories-burned for me.

No comments: