Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Official: I'm a Green Day Groupie now

In case there was any question before...

Here's some very exciting (to me) news that I've been wanting to share since last Tuesday:


It's Official!

Last Tuesday, my sister's friend (and fellow Green Day fan) sent us the following message:

listen girls, you need to come to NY next week. it's not being "announced", but Billy Joe will be playing St Jimmy all next week.

My response:
OMG! OMG! OMG!!
that would be AMAZING!!!!
Crap! I can't go (I've got my big walk next week!), and ironically, I'll be there in 3 weeks.


My sister (who started a new job 3 weeks ago, and is unable to go) called me soon after and brought me back to my senses. She basically said, "What do you mean you're not going?! You HAVE to go!"

To which, I said, "Oh, you're right! I should go!"

So, I checked with Dick that evening, and he was totally on board with me going. Actually, for a very brief moment, he considered going himself, but his schedule at work is way too busy for such a crazy adventure this week. :(

(for the record, I have the best. husband. ever!)

I called my friend, Sharon, another avid Green Day fan, and mother-of-4-extraordinaire. She scrambled to find a way to get away for a quick adventure, and we worked it out!

By Thursday, we had our flights, a hotel, and tickets to see American Idiot on Broadway Tuesday night, September 28th at 7:00pm.

At this point, no announcements about Billie Joe had been made yet, so we were careful to book things that could be refundable if we needed to back out. I used my miles on United to get a flight, and found a hotel with a great cancellation policy that I would only need to let know 24 hours in advance.

The announcement that Billie Joe is going to join the cast of American Idiot was officially announced yesterday, so now all systems are GO!

So, here's the crazy plan:

I'm leaving today in the early afternoon, arriving at JFK late this evening. Sharon is taking the red-eye tonight, and will meet me at the hotel tomorrow morning. We'll have a few hours to rest/run around before seeing the show at 7:00pm. We fly out at 6:10am Wednesday, arriving home by 11:00am Wednesday morning.

...and let's not forget that I have my 3-Day walk this weekend, starting early Friday morning!

So, I'll have almost two days to rest, catch up with work, and prepare myself physically and mentally for the walk.

I know. I'm crazy, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up! This is going to be an amazing, whirlwind adventure!!!

I can't wait, and I'm SO excited to see Billie Joe on stage! This is going to be AMAZING!!!

Woo Hoo!

No comments: