Friday, September 17, 2010

Free Jeans: Part 3

At last! By 11:00am, I had my new jeans. :)

I was measured, and was told I have a "Demi-Curve" shape, size 28, and I requested boot cut. (big calves)


My credentials after I was measured

I was brought to a changing room, and given 3 pair of jeans: a 27, 28 and 29. And just like the 3 Bears, the 27 was too small, the 29 was too large, and the 28 was just right. :)


Here I am in my new Levi's Curve ID Jeans

I knew the band, She and Him were supposed to play around Noon, so I figured I should hang around the Square until they played. I snacked on Pop Chips, had some watermelon lemonade, a small veggie sandwich, and even a small Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream! (yes, all free)


Free ice cream!

I waited in line for a free customized t-shirt at a booth that had silk screeners offering your choice of 3 of 5 designs, anyway you wanted them on a shirt. Since I had the time, it was kind of fun.

I finished getting my t-shirt at 11:50, then walked towards the stage where the band would be playing. Since the only people allowed in the Union Square plaza were people who were here for the free jeans (and who had brought a donation for Goodwill), the crowd wasn't terribly large. I was easily able to find a spot on a planter box about 20 feet from the stage, centered, which I figured I could stand on during the concert. It was perfect!

The band was great - it was especially nice that this is a band that I already knew, and own their music!


Zooey Deschanel and "She and Him"

It was certainly a fun way to spend my morning, and a fun story to share. :)

Free jeans, free snacks, free concert - it's all good!

No comments: