Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We Made It!!!

My flight on Monday was delayed about 3 hours (due to weather in NY) but I was only about 1.5 hours late to arrive. I was checked into my hotel by midnight, Monday night.

Sharon had a flight from SFO to Dulles, which was on time, but unfortunately, she was delayed in Dulles for about 3 hours. She made it to our hotel around 2:00pm Tuesday.

The first thing we did was walk to the St. James Theater, which American Idiot is playing. We picked up our tickets (thanks, Lizz!) and took a few photos outside the theater.


American Idiot at the St. James Theater!!


Here's my hot little ticket!






Two California Groupies here to see Billie Joe!

After we picked up our tickets and took some photos, we walked about 10 blocks to Carnegie Deli for a late lunch. Dick had brought me there last year, and I still think it's the very best pastrami I've ever had!

We WAY over-ordered, but we knew that as we were doing it. We couldn't resist!


We split a pastrami reuben (open-faced) sandwich and an order of Mac & Cheese "sprinkled" with pastrami bits! (because we needed more pastrami!)


The reuben cut in half - just so you get a sense of the magnitude!

After eating way too much, we walked back to the theater through Times Square.

We made it back with plenty of time to do a little shopping, buy a drink and get to our seats.


a notice saying that they would be video taping the performance last night! i hope it ends up on a cool DVD!


In our seats, ready to see Billie Joe as St. Jimmy!

No comments: