Friday, September 17, 2010

What I'll do for Free Jeans: Part 1











I woke up at 6:45 this morning, was out of the house by 7:00, walked to the bagel store to pick up breakfast, hopped on MUNI, walked to Union Square, and got in line just before 7:30.

The Levi's store in Union Square is throwing a special event today to promote their new jeans for women called "Levi's Curve ID". They are custom-tailored jeans, and they are giving away 1000 free pair to the first 1000 in line. Doors open at 10:00.

I'd estimate that I am within the first 50 or so, and I got a ticket saying I'd be in the first group between 10:00-11:00.

I came prepared with my iPhone, my kindle, breakfast, and even a paper bag to sit on. ;) We were asked to bring an item to donate to Goodwill in exchange for the free jeans. "Something that no longer fits in your life." I brought a curling iron. ;)

They are having a band play for the event, too! "She & Him" (with Zooey Daschanel) - I have two of their CDs, so that's pretty exciting! They are going to play around Noon, but they are doing sound check now!!

9:15 now. 45 more minutes and I'll get through to be fitted in my new jeans. :)

More later...

No comments: