Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Muir Woods

I've lived in the Bay Area since 1978, and in San Francisco since 1995. Somehow, I've managed to live here that long without ever visiting Muir Woods. Not sure how that's possible - it's only a 40 minute drive from my house. There's no excuse, really.

My parents (who are really enjoying retired life!) decided to go to Muir Woods this afternoon. I was done with all the work I needed to do today, so I was able to join them. I was so glad I did! What a beautiful and peaceful place. There's something about walking around giant trees that really puts life into perspective. You have to appreciate the beauty of Mother Nature. :)




Mom and Dad standing with the Redwoods




We passed a few deer along the trail

It was a very nice visit. We walked around for a couple of miles, and got out just as it was getting busy from the tour buses that pulled up.

Also, today is Dick's Birthday!

Unfortunately, Dick wasn't able to take the day off from work today, so he wasn't able to join us this afternoon. We had a lovely dinner with Pete this evening at one of our favorite French Bistros to celebrate.

Happy Birthday, Dick!

No comments: