Sunday, September 26, 2010

We're on a Boat!

Today we celebrated Dick's Birthday (a couple of weeks late) by sailing on the bay on a great catamaran with friends and family.

Dick loves boats. They make him happy. This makes me happy. :)

The weather was amazing - low 80s in the SF, but a little chillier on the Bay. We've done this a few times before, but this was, by far, the best weather conditions we've ever experienced.

We were out from 11:00am - 2:00pm. A three hour tour, if you will. :)

Thanks to everyone who was able to join us on the boat today!!

Here are some photos from the day:


Sharon, Kathy, Lynn & my Dad


Miguel, David & Bunny


Mike, Aditya & Rob


Kristen, Mitch, Pete, Richard, Eve, Abbe, Dick and my Mom


Dick, Trina, and the beautiful Golden Gate Bridge






A perspective the bridge that you hardly ever see!




I love this picture from David's camera of Richard, me and David

Okay - one more thing:

All day long, I kept hearing Dick rapping about something about being on a boat.

I had no idea what he was doing. But he was happy, and he was on a boat, so I just thought he was being silly...

So, it turns out that I'm the only person (except perhaps my Dad) who had never heard that "I'm on a Boat" song/video!



Dick played it for me when we got home. Hilarious!

What I can't figure out is why he, and the rest of the guys who were on the boat with us today didn't take advantage of the fact that we were, in fact, ON A BOAT and do their own version of the video themselves!

Lost opportunity, I say!

No comments: