Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Those Crazy Raccoons!

Those pesky raccoons are at it again!
(For the record, I tend to automatically blame the raccoons when I see any awry in the backyard. I do not have any evidence to prove me correct, or incorrect.)

This is what I found when I came home this morning:



It appears that the raccoons decided to take a shower last night because of the heat. They figured out how to reach in to our water feature, grab onto the fountain tubing (and here's where I blame the raccoons - cats don't have opposable thumbs!) and PULL it out a few feet!

I think they only did it last night. The water was still trickling out the tube, and the pump motor didn't seem to be having any troubles from it.

I turned off the pump, carefully fed the tubing back into the water basin under the water feature, added more water and turned the pump back on again. It didn't seem any worse for wear. Let's hope the raccoons don't make a habit out of this.

No comments: