Thursday, June 20, 2013

Well, at least I'm consistent...

As I've mentioned before, I have bought the same style of ECCO BIOM Walking shoes for the past four year. They have worked very well for me, and I like to stick with what works.

Every year, I also buy a second pair of shoes. When training for, and walking in multi-day, walking events, it's recommended to have a second pair of shoes that are a 1/2 size to a full size larger than your normal pair. This allows you to let your first pair breathe and rejuvenate in between days, but the larger size works well to allow your foot the extra space that it'll need from the swelling that can happen after walking several miles in a day.'

I just bought my second pair of shoes a few days ago. In the past, I've used New Balance, but this year, I'm trying something new. It's a new brand (to me!) called ABEO, which apparently, is exclusive to the Walking Company. The style that I called is called "ABEO Alcor". The shoe felt great on, and it met all of my criteria for a good walking shoe. PLUS, not only did they have it in the size that I needed, (1/2 to whole size up from my regular shoe size) but they also had it in W-I-D-E which is great!

Bonus:
You may know that my favorite color is Chartreuse (or, Lime Green. But not Neon-Green, which in my mind is brighter). Both pairs of shoes that I'll be wearing this year are Chartreuse, White and Grey. It's not intentional on my part, but it's fun. :) These also happen to be the colors of the Immediate Impact Walk, so I'm extra spirited!

I'll be taking these new shoes out once we start our Saturday/Sunday training walks in a couple of weeks.





No comments: