Thursday, May 30, 2013

Time to break in a new pair of walking shoes!

With the first training walk of the season approaching soon, it's time to break in a new pair of walking shoes!

I've had my last pair since April of last year. Since then, I've put hundreds of miles on them in great places as Italy, North Carolina, New York, Boston, Dubai, Japan, London, and of course, San Francisco. These shoes have walked me through some amazing places, and also got me through last year's training and the first Immediate Impact Breast Cancer Walk.

I've been wearing the Ecco Biom Walking Shoes for the last four years, even since I started training for multi-day breast cancer walks. They obviously work really well for me, and last a long time. Unfortunately, Ecco discontinued the first style that they made (updating it, of course) last year, or the year before. Luckily, I found them on deep discount on amazon.com early last year, and ordered the last 2 pair in my size. I should be set for the next couple of years still. :)

I'm heading out on my short, 2-1/2 mile neighborhood walk now to break in the new pair.


Out with the old, in with the new


comparing the soles of the shoes. That's the only part of the shoe that is really showing wear. They've held up really well, all things considered. I'm pretty hard on my shoes!

No comments: