Sunday, June 02, 2013

AloooooooooooHa!

I'm leaving for Hawaii today! Yay!

You may recall that I attended a Luncheon Fundraiser last year for "Friend to Friend", one of the beneficiaries of The Immediate Impact Walk. My friend, Linda, Board Chair of In our Lifetime was asked to speak during the luncheon to talk about our walk, all the work that went into it, and the money raised. After she spoke the live auction was held, which featured a 7-night stay at a luxury beachfront condo on the Big Island of Hawaii. Well, after a very exciting live auction, the person who placed the highest bid offered to gift the condo to Linda for all of her hard work on our walk! It was really an incredible example of generosity to witness!

In another show of generosity, Linda invited those of us who were with her at the luncheon (all who had been involved with the Immediate Impact Walk) to join her in Hawaii! Thank you, Linda!

We have the condo from yesterday (Saturday) through this coming Saturday. I'll be there from this afternoon through Friday, returning home Friday night.

I'll be missing my husband, for sure, and I thank him for being so supportive in letting me take this amazing vacation with my friends!

Oh, HUGE bonus:

I got an email from United Airlines Thursday afternoon....

You've been upgraded from San Francisco, CA (SFO) to Kona, HI (KOA) on Sun., Jun. 2, 2013. Your new seat is 1B. Below is a recap of your flight information:
TRINAMISS CHOW

Sun., Jun. 2, 2013
United flight 1597
Depart 1:30 p.m. from San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Arrives 3:56 p.m. into Kona, HI (KOA)


I don't know a better way to start a fabulous vacation than to be upgraded to First Class! How exciting!

Okay, gotta take off soon! I'll be sure to post fun photos on the other end.

Aloha!

No comments: