Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Love and Equality for ALL



This morning, I woke up to the sound of helicopters flying over my neighborhood, and for once I know it's for a GREAT reason!!! Wonderful, amazing day for equality and justice for ALL!!!


headline news online

Today, I reminded of an afternoon in February, 2004 when Dick and I were asked to be witnesses of the marriage of our friends, Pete & Richard. I was already blogging way back then. Here's the post.

My thoughts that I wrote on my Facebook wall today:

Friday, February 13, 2004: Dick and I had the honor of witnessing the marriage of our dear friends, Pete & Richard, at San Francisco's City Hall. We waited in line for over four hours with hundreds of gay and lesbian couples waiting for their turn for equality. It was an amazing, joyous day, and an important day in history. It's been a long and bumpy nine years since that day, but TODAY we made tremendous strides. Welcome to the beginning of a future of equality and justice for ALL!

No comments: