Monday, June 10, 2013

A quick visit with Peter & Grace in SF!!

My nephew and niece from North Carolina, Peter and Grace, are in town for a few days on tour with their Youth Choir. The will be doing performances today and tomorrow in Berkeley and San Rafael. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend either of their performances, but I was able to hook up with them today for a great visit!

Their choir was visiting San Francisco's Chinatown this morning and early afternoon, them going to a tour at Grace Cathedral. The choir has 40-50 students, plus chaperones, and they were all broken up into smaller groups today. I met first with Peter's group as they were having lunch at a dim sum restaurant. After lunch, I took them by the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory, then over to the Golden Gate Bakery where I was supposed to meet Grace. It turns out that Grace's entire group met us there, so we were able to walk around Chinatown a bit together before jumping on a cable car for a few blocks to Grace Cathedral.

It was a short, but really fun visit with Peter and Grace. I'm really glad that I was able to hook up with them for a little while while they are in town.


Peter and Trina - we've done these self-portraits together ever since Peter was just a few years old


Grace and Trina


Peter and Grace in front of the Golden Gate Bakery! Grace came out to visit us in SF in January, and I tried to take her to this bakery then, but it was closed! I was happy to see that it was open today. I treated the group to don-tots. (custard tarts)


the two groups in front of Grace Cathedral

No comments: