Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Celebratory Night in the Castro

It was an amazing night in the Castro! So much energy, so much happiness, and so much love!

I walked down around 6:00 to meet up with David and Miguel and Pete & Richard. I got there a little early, and enjoyed strolling down the street, taking in the moment. Everyone was smiling. People were holding up flags and signs for equality. Gay people, straight people, families with children. We were all there together to celebrate this historic day.

Here are a few photos that I took along the street. (Castro Street was closed off from Market through 18th)









I eventually hooked up with David & Miguel. We asked a nice police officer to take our photo. I'm not sure how it is that I'm standing in complete shade, while David and Miguel are in the sun.


Miguel, Trina & David


David and Miguel looking stud-ly in front of Harvey's

We had some great people watching while we waited for our table.


Some Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence walking by. "Hi, Sisters!"

Pete and Richard made their way down, and we were able to score a table at Harvey's right next to the window! It was the perfect spot to watch the developments of the street, all from the comfort of our table, with drinks in hand.


Pete, Trina, David, Photobombing Girl, Miguel & Richard

Andrew and Barry posted a photo that they had taken on Castro Street. I told them I was there, looking for them and never found them. They managed to find me after I posted a photo of our group at Harvey's!


Andy and Barry! Happy Anniversary (tomorrow)!!! What a celebration it will be!!

Blane and Christopher both made their way over after work. Our party size expanded!


Pete, Blane, Trina, David, Photobombing Girl, Spencer, Miguel & Richard!

We had the perfect table at the window to watch the crowds go by.


Flags!

We started heading home around 8:30. The party was still going strong, and the sun was just starting to set.


The party just keeps on going!

I came home and took a photo of the City from our deck. It was a perfect and gorgeous night. Warm, clear, happy.


the end to a joyous day

No comments: