Sunday, June 10, 2012

Today's 10-mile Training Walk - with Special Guest!


Today's Route

Another gorgeous, clear and warm day for a 10-mile walk in San Francisco with the Warming Hut Hotties! The weather was amazing again - crystal clear and warm. Actually, when we started walking in the morning at 7:30, it was probably already in the mid-60s. When we returned around Noon, it was in the low 80s. It was a very urban walk today, with more city streets than our usual trails. We managed to stay in the shady side of the street when we could and that really helped manage the heat.

The most exciting part of the day (for me, at least!) was that my husband joined me for the entire walk! I so enjoyed having Dick with me today, and he really enjoyed it as well. He kept up with the pace just fine - actually, was usually at the front of the pack. Now everyone on my team understands why I tend to have such a quick walking pace - I'm just trying to keep up with my husband! :)

My GPS program had me in around 12 miles today, but it does tend to be "generous". I trust that Linda's map, and Sandra's GPS (which has a better track record than mine!) were more accurate.


Dick joining me on a 10-mile training walk!


Views of the Financial District


The Ferry Building - our first rest stop


Today's stats

No comments: