Thursday, June 28, 2012

Oil Painting Class: Session 4

After 4 sessions, my little 1920s Volland Raggedy Ann oil painting is nearly complete! I probably only need another 1/2 hour on her or so.

I was a little rushed getting ready to leave today, and I forgot to take a photo. I really enjoy seeing the different stages of my paintings so I can study them and see how they progress.

Dean was kind enough to take a photo of my painting for me tonight and just sent it to me (thanks, Dean!).

Today, I worked on her dress, her shoes and finally, her face. The whites behind her shoe button eyes need to be toned down just a bit, and I need to put the stripes on her stockings. Other than that, I think she's just about done. :)


week 4

in case you need a refresher of what my model looks like:

from my first session of painting Ann.
You've come a long way, Baby! ;)

No comments: