Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fun with friends at a Drum Corps Show!!

Saturday night, I went road trippin' down to Palo Alto with Mike and Philip to join a bunch of friends for a night of Drum Corps! I haven't been to a drum corps show in 8 years, and it was so much fun to see a show with a bunch of great friends.

We started the evening with drinks and dinner at Nola in Palo Alto. We had a HUGE group, but the service and food were both fantastic. Thank you, Laura, for organizing! :)


Guard friends, old and new, having dinner and drinks before the show


Another group shot - with me, this time :)


At the show - Charlie and Mike.
Charlie was my sister's Junior High School Band teacher when she was in 7th grade. He was instrumental (pun intended) on getting her into high school marching band, which led to her joining the high school winter guard, which lead to me watching her perform, which eventually led to me joining guard as well. Thanks, Charlie!



State Street Review Alumni - very far from Madison, WI! Laura, Kala, Mike, Carol and Trina. Representing marching members from '86, '87, '88, '89, '92 and '93!


Ron, Philip, Jolie, Carol and Spike at the show!

No comments: