Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Prepping to watch the Venus Transit


Totally geeky, but I just made a Pinhole Camera out of a shoebox so we can watch the Venus transit this evening.

Dick called me early this afternoon telling me about the Venus transit, and asked me to call around to see if we could find eclipse glasses or welding goggles (#14 or #15) so we could watch it - much like an eclipse. Well, everywhere I called was still completely sold out from the solar eclipse a couple of weeks ago.

I looked online, and found this video on how to build a Pinhole Camera using every-day objects around the house: a shoebox, aluminum foil, a sheet of white paper, a pin and a box cutter.

Took less than 5 minutes to assemble, and saved me a lot of money. :)



We'll see if we're able to find a good vantage point to watch this evening, and will let you know how it goes!

No comments: