Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday's 12-mile walk


Sunday's Route

Oh, my - between Saturday's training walk full of stairs, and Sunday's 12-mile walk full of hills, hills, and more hills, I was plenty exhausted by the end of the weekend! As my friend, Sandra, said, "Somehow saying 24-miles doesn't even begin to describe the quality of those 24-miles!" :)

We started Sunday's walk in the Presidio. After the first mile of our walk, we kicked it into high gear by walking UP, Up and UP Divisadero street! Trust me, nothing will wake you up quite like tackling Divisadero first thing in the morning!


The view at the top of Divisadero looking down to the Bay

We walked all the way down Divisadero, about 2.5 miles where it turned into Castro Street. We then made our way to Market, to Dolores Street, walked up a few more blocks to Clipper and then walked UP Clipper (a stretch I've driven many, many times, but never walked!). Oh, my. The many, blocks of Clipper to Portola is a slow, steady climb up several blocks. I'm not sure if I've ever walked such a long stretch of up-ness before! :)


The View from Portola/Market

Clearly, I was too tired to take many photos today. :)
Suffice to say, it was a beautiful day, a beautiful walk, and we were all plenty tired (but proud!) at the end.


Sunday's stats


Sunday's elevation chart

No comments: