Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dinner at Grandma's House :)

One of my favorite parts about spending the day with my Grandma in Stockton is when she makes dinner, and I get to learn how to cook from her.

Tonight, she made a couple of things that I've made with her before (string beans and steamed fish) and one new dish, winter melon soup.

Grandma just went to China a couple of months ago with my cousin, Bruce, and his family. While she was there, one of the members of her family there gave her a large bag of dried winter melon. Apparently, they had a very large chinese winter melon that they couldn't eat in its entirety, so they dried a large portion of it, and gave it to her. I've had winter melon soup several times, but I've never watched Grandma make it.

I should post Grandmas's recipe's here sometime so I can reference them easily in the future. I'll get to that soon.

Here are some photos I took of tonight's' dinner.

Thank you, Grandma!


Grandma preparing the green onion and ginger for the steamed fish


the steamed fish - pre-steamed


Winter Melon soup and soy sauce chicken (which we bought at the Chinese restaurant where we had dim sum for lunch


steamed fish


Chinese string beans with chicken

No comments: