Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New glasses and Rainbow Hair

Today, I had my first optometrist appointment in almost 4 years. I knew my eyes were getting slightly worse, and I was long overdue for a check-up. My appointment went very well - my prescription for my glasses needs to be adjusted a bit - not a surprise, but everything was great otherwise.

I decided to get a new pair of frames. I still like my old (now 4-year old frames) but I thought it would be nice to have two pair that I could rotate between. (or, one to keep in my car, etc.,)

Plus, new frames are fun! :)

The person who helped me with my frames was very helpful, and had a good eye. She brought out at least 12 pairs for me to choose from, but my favorite were the first two. I had a hard time deciding between these two frames. Dick was with me as well, and liked both. Ultimately (and just for fun) I decided to post these two photos of Facebook for a quick 5-minute poll.


Frame #1


Frame #2

Ultimately, Frame #2 got the most votes, and by that time, I was leaning in that direction, too. So, we put the order in, and I should get them within the next couple of weeks.

On a side note, these photos do a good job of capturing the color of my hair right now. I had the "blue" streak recolored almost 3 weeks ago. My hair stylist did everything exactly the same, including using the same brand and same color of the blue dye. For some reason, my hair decided it really wanted to be purple this time around. The purple started showing up top after the first couple of washings. Last week, the top started turning more of a bright magenta color, fading into purple, fading into blue.

Go figure.

It's fun and different, and I've actually gotten many compliments on it, so that's nice. :)

My joke last weekend was that my hair wanted to celebrate Gay Pride Weekend. ;)

No comments: