Thursday, June 14, 2012

A fun afternoon with my Mom & Dad

My parents came up to San Francisco today to help me out in my garden. Lucky for me, they both enjoy gardening, and they are both retired! They try to come up once every month or two to help me out. I try to maintain things in the meantime, but they are really a huge help.

First things first: we went out to lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant, U-Lee. We had a delicious meal (Pot stickers, fried chicken wings, tomato-beef chow mein and chinese broccoli) and had a nice time visiting with the restaurant owners, Ken and Judy. As we were leaving, the woman who was sitting directly behind us (it's a tiny restaurant - seats maybe 20 people) noticed my Dad and called his name. It turns out that we were sitting right next to relatives! Kimmie is one of the daughters of my Grandma's (on my Dad's side) cousin. I think that makes my Dad and Kimmie second cousins, and I'm not sure at all what that makes me. :) Anyway, we hadn't seen her in years. She had her two kids with her. The last time I saw her was at the Red Egg and Ginger Party for her baby boy - who is now 14! :-O Of course, I did the "the last time I saw you, you were a baby" - which of course, is just what any 14-year old boy wants to hear.

Anyhow, it was a real surprise, and a neat treat. U-Lee is their favorite restaurant, too!


Family Photo

We came back home around 2:00, and got started on the backyard. I know that it totally looks like I put my parents to work (and they work hard!) but they claim to enjoy it! We got a lot done in the backyard, and even put some new plants in the front.


Dad and Mom - working hard in the backyard

Thanks, Mom and Dad!! I had a great time with you today.
Enjoy your doughnuts*. :)

* Bob's Donuts Store is only a few short blocks from U-Lee.

No comments: