Monday, September 24, 2012

$10,000!!!!


$10,000!

Wow.

We did it. We raised over $10,000 towards the Immediate Impact Breast Cancer Walk!

More than a year ago, while on a training walk for the 2011 3Day, my friend (and team-leader) Linda, mentioned an idea that she had: 2012 would be the 10th anniversary of the Warming Hut Hotties. Her idea was to put out the challenge for anyone who wanted, to try to raise $10,000 each for the team's 10 year anniversary.

I told her immediately, "I'm in".

I knew that the challenge of raising $10,000 would be daunting, but possible. I had raised $6,240 in my first year, and $7,605 my second year of walking events. I knew I had an amazing and generous support network, but I also knew I would need to step up my game, and plan some special fundraisers to bring in even more money.

What an amazing journey it has been so far! I sent out my fundraising letter to my friends and family immediately following my first training walk of the season.

My extraordinarily supportive friends and family really came through, and donated generously over the next four months. Every week, we inched closer and closer to my $10,000 goal.

I was able to host three different fundraisers: The WGI Party in April, the glassybaby fundraiser in August, and a Thank You Reception and Raffle Fundraiser this past weekend.

The fundraisers were all very successful, raising more than $2,500.

The rest of it came from individual donations from all of you - my friends and family who have been so supportive of my decision to participate in, and to raise money for the Immediate Impact Breast Cancer Walk.

I continued to be overwhelmed and humbled by the amount of support that you have all given me over my last three years of walking. I am a very, very lucky person to have such amazing and supportive people in my life.

I still have 4 more days before the big event to continue fund-raising. Although I have met my personal fundraising goal of $10,000, my team/event has not yet met our goal of $100,000. We are 30 participants strong (about 23 walkers, and 7 support staff) and have raised over $75,000 with donations still pouring in. It is exciting to see how much money we can raise for our three beneficiaries of our event!

Thank you all again for your incredible support and generosity.

You've filled my heart and you've inspired me.

I am honored to be representing all of you when I walk in this weekend.

No comments: