Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Monday Night's Figure Drawing Session

Last night was my first figure drawing session in four weeks. I was afraid that I might be a little rusty, given the amount of time I'd been away. Lucky for me, we had my favorite model, Emily, last night. I like her for so many reasons - first, she's very nice and funny. From artistic stance, she does great poses, and for some reason, of all of the models that we've had so far, she is the most natural for me to draw. I'm always happy to see her. I'm hoping that I may have learned a thing or two from all of the wonderful art that we saw and studies while on vacation. :)

We warmed up with a series of 2-minute poses, going into 7 minutes, 10 minutes and 20 minutes.

Here are some of the drawings that I think were the strongest from last night.


10 minute
I think this one is actually my favorite of the night. I was able to get in just a little bit of detail into the face without actually having to draw the face. Finally, I think my hands are getting better!



10 minute


20 minute
Usually, the poses where the model is laying down are usually harder for me. This is one of the better ones that I've done of a reclining model so far.



20 minute
The last drawing of the night. I'm not sure if I got the proportions between the upper torso and the length of the legs correct, but I like the look as a whole.



7 minute
I added this one at the last minute, so it's out of order. I like the simplicity of it. Seven minutes isn't very much time get in too much detail, and sometimes that works better for me.

No comments: