Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Monday's drawing session

Another week, another figure drawing session on Monday night! :)

Monday night's session was a challenge. As I've mentioned before, some models are just more difficult for me to draw, and this was one of them. It's no reflection on the model, of course, just me. Whether it's her body type, or the type of poses, sometimes it's just more hard to capture.

Miguel felt the same way. During our warm-ups, we kept looking at each other and whispering, "this is hard!".

My drawings seemed to improve a bit as the night went on. I think I'm starting to get a slightly better handle on faces, and the hands continue to come slightly easier.

Here are the better pieces from the evening. Not great, but certainly not the worst.


7-minutes
clearly, I got the proportion of the head wrong on this one. Ironically, that's where I start!



7-minutes


10-minutes
I kind of like this one. Was was also able to start drawing in her hair, which is shaved and spiked.



20 minutes
Happy with the detail in this one



15 minutes
Last one of the night. We had a long pose - maybe 35 minutes or so. I did a 20 minute drawing (not shown) from one angle, then swapped spots in the room for this one


No comments: