Thursday, September 06, 2012

"Chaplin" on Broadway

We just saw "Chaplin" tonight, which is still in previews on Broadway. Opening night is Monday.

Hands down, this is one of the best shows I've ever seen. I loved everything about it. I know I just said the same about "Book of Mormon". They were both very good, but so different from each other.

"Chaplin" was amazing, and the actor in the title role, Rob McClure, was phenomenal. I feel like we watched a star being born on stage tonight. He was that amazing. He could do it all - act, sing, and dance - but he was so exceptional in each and truly embodied Charlie Chaplin. It's hard to imagine anyone else in that roll.

The staging, the sets, the "look" of the show was amazing. The use of the grayscale palette was utilized so perfectly. The music was great, and I loved the choreography. What a talented cast!

There wasn't a dry eye in the audience at the end of the show. Seriously. I've never cried during any show before, and I had tears streaming down my face during the entire final number. You could hear people weeping all around us.

Clearly, I loved this show. I'll be gushing about it for a good long while.

If you have the opportunity to see this show, I highly recommend it! Go see it. :) (that's you, Mom and Dad!)

No comments: