Monday, September 24, 2012

Thank You Reception and Raffle Fundraiser

Saturday late afternoon, two great sets of friends helped me host a Thank You Reception for friends and family who had supported me and helped me raise funds for the Immediate Impact Breast Cancer Walk. It was also meant to thank my teammates who I have trained with all season (and for the past 2 years) who have spent tireless hours walking hundreds of miles and raising thousands of dollars.

Jim and Cynde Adler, of Adler & Co. Gallery graciously offered to host the event at their gallery in Union Square.

Pete Brannigan (our real estate agent extraordinaire) provided the refreshments and service for the evening.

I also had a raffle ticket fundraiser that I've been preparing for the last several weeks. We had 10 amazing raffle prizes, which I proudly called "Trina's Favorite Things". Prizes included: an original production Disney animation cel (donated by Adler & Co. Gallery), a beautiful kitchen-themed gift basket (donated by Under One Roof), a 6-week session Springboard/Mat class (donated by Parkside Pilates), brunch for two at the Cliff House, 2 haircuts (raffled separately) donated by my wonderful hairdresser, Mariel at John Brody Salon, A Gun Oil Hand Job (mani-pedi) donated by Hand Job Spa, glassybaby (2, raffled separately) donated by glassybaby, and a $25 gift certificate at my favorite Chinese Restaurant, U-Lee!!

Such wonderful prizes, valued over $1,200!

The raffle was an absolute success. We raised $1,050 in total, which, coincidentally, was the exact amount I was away from my $10,000 personal fundraising goal!

It was an amazing moment for me, when right before the raffle drawing, I was able to thank everyone, tell them how much we had raised from the raffle, and to share with them that we had just met my $10,000 goal. Seriously, to have that moment, in a roomful of friends and family who helped support to reach that goal over the last 4 months was absolutely phenomenal.

The whole evening was just fantastic. Such a nice gathering of family, friends and teammates. Beautiful space, yummy food and wine, and wonderful people to share it all with. What could be better?

My thanks to all who were able to come to the reception on Saturday for making it a very special evening.


Raffle prizes!


Signs with information about the Immediate Impact Walk, and our three beneficiaries


The refreshments table


view of the gallery space


more munchies




My sis, Mom and Kim Wong!


My thanks to Pete Brannigan (pictured here with the lovely Sharon) for all of his support in helping me raise funds for the Immediate Impact Walk.





Sharla, Batia, Carol and Linda - a few of my teammates who were able to make it to the reception

No comments: