Thursday, September 27, 2012

A heartfelt thank you to all of my sponsors

Dear Friends and Family,

Tomorrow is the big day! Tomorrow morning, I will meet my team at 6:00am to begin the inaugural Immediate Impact Breast Cancer Walk. As I mentioned before, this is a true grass roots effort and labor of love. We will have 25 walkers and 7 crew members making our way through 55 miles in San Francisco throughout the next three days. This is an extremely dedicated group, who have trained together for 5 months, covered hundreds of miles together, and have raised nearly $89,000 for this event (so far!). I am so proud, and so honored to walk side by side with these extraordinary women.

More than 80% of the funds raised by this year's event will be granted to three local Bay Area non-profits who provide services to people living with breast cancer. Our walk will immediately impact the lives of many women and men through three nonprofits - The Breast Cancer Emergency Fund, Charlotte Maxwell Complementary Clinic, and the Friend to Friend Shop at UCSF Mt. Zion. Some of the services provided by these organizations include: paying PG&E bills, rent, and gas, and providing wigs, prosthesis, and alternative care that supports the path of chemo and radiation.

My thanks to all of you who have donated to this very worthy cause. With the generous support of my friends and family, we have raised $12,910 so far. This is an extraordinary amount of money, and I am simply amazed by it. It far exceeds the $10,000 goal that I had set this year, and I wasn't sure if that would be possible.

YOU made that possible. Every donation, no matter how large or small, will make a difference in the lives of local women and men living with breast cancer. I cannot thank you all enough, not just for what you have done to support me me, but for what you have done to make a difference in the lives of others. Increasingly, uninsured and underserved women are critically dependent on the grassroots efforts of people like you and me. I will be making the walk, but you will all be there beside me making the difference in their lives.

I want to thank you all again for making the fund-raising part of this experience such a pleasure. With each donation that came in, I felt more and more motivated to train each weekend. I have trained about 300 miles with my team since June. (This does not include the numerous miles I walk by myself during the weekdays.) You all have carried me along on this amazing journey, right up to this weekend's event!

I will carry each of you with me as I walk the 55-miles over the next 3 days. You will be with me in spirit, helping me along the way.

I will certainly be taking a lot of photos all weekend long, and will try to post to my blog routinely. You can follow those posts here: http://trinachow.blogspot.com/search/label/Immediate%20Impact%20Walk

Thank you again for all of your generosity, support and encouragement!

With Gratitude,
-Trina

If you are interested, here is a link to the general overview of our event:
http://www.immediateimpactwalk.org/impact/overview.asp

This page includes details of Opening and Closing ceremonies, a route overview, and information and locations of cheering stations for each day.
If you are in the area this weekend, we'd love to see you!

No comments: