Sunday, August 27, 2006

Warm Fuzzies

Most of you know that Dick plays his piano regularly, and I'm the lucky girl who gets to listen to him play and sing.

He usually plays jazz standards, but also mixes in show tunes, Beatles, Billy Joel, etc.,

This morning, he to played a song that makes me smile every time I hear it.

Every time he plays and sings "House at Pooh Corner", it makes me all warm and fuzzy :)

What is it about the song that I love so much? I didn't even know this song until Dick first played it for me many years ago.

I think it's because it reminds me that my husband actually had a childhood, a long, long time ago. He doesn't talk about his childhood often, and it makes me wonder what he was like as a little boy. At least, that's what I think about when I hear this song.

Or, it's just sweet to hear him sing a song about a little bear who has a honey jar stuck on his nose. :)

No comments: