Monday, August 07, 2006

Tonight's Dinner & Dessert

Because it's all about food

I have to say that I'm quite proud of myself! I managed to try a new recipe tonight (from one of my favorite restaurants) and it turned out great!


ohhhh! presentation, and everything!

This evening, I prepared a lovely Blackened Ahi with Soy mustard Sauce. I got the recipe from one of my favorite restaurants, Roy's. For those of you keeping track, you may recall that the Blackened Ahi is one-third of my favorite meals of all time.

So yes, I blackened, then seared the ahi. But, even more impressive, is that I made the two sauces: a soy-mustard sauce, and a Beurre Blanc sauce. These may be the first two sauces I've ever really made! (now you're beginning to understand why this was such a big deal!) Now all I have to do is learn to make the Butterfish, and Roy's Chocolate Souffle!

I had to skip the garnish, because I knew that our local grocery store wouldn't have a few of the ingredients. Perhaps next time....

and to top it off...

For dessert, Christopher took the extra heavy whipping cream that I had bought, and whipped it up. We plopped a HUGE amount on top of the brownies from last night.


That's Christopher's brownie in the foreground.... and yes, that's whipped cream, NOT ice-cream!

Dick enjoyed a few Rice Krispy Treats for his dessert, and shared a bit with Marcel. Marcel LOVES Rice Krispy Treats. We occasionally give him a bite or two, because it's so dang funny watching him take a bite, and chew, chew, chew....


Marcel, taking a bite out of a Rice Krispy Treat

No comments: