Friday, August 11, 2006

A Day with Kimi and her Boys :)


I was going to write a nice long blog about the wonderful day that I had today with Kimi and her two boys.

...but I just checked her blog, and I see that she beat me to it! (and what a nice synopsis it is!)

We had such a marvelous day! We packed a picnic lunch, and we walked over to Dolores Park. It was busier than I expected it to be on a Friday afternoon - there was a large group of High School kids participating in what seemed to be some kind of team-building picnic. There were also a few classes of elementary-aged kids playing in the playground area. Kimi and the boys said they enjoyed all the company, so it worked out well!

Daniel and Matteo had a GREAT time running around the very cool jungle-gym (complete with at least 3 slides). Kimi did an impressive job of swinging across the Monkey Rings. That's something I was never able to do as a kid, so I decided not to embarrass myself by trying today! Daniel and Matteo also had a LOT of fun rolling down the great hills on the North side of the park. It was really fun to watch them.

After a couple of hours at the park, we decided to head back home. Daniel had noticed my Star Wars Monopoly game earlier, and had already asked if we could play it a little during the afternoon. I was so excited to find someone who would play it with me! We get along splendidly :) Matteo and Kimi busied themselves with my colorforms set.

After a little while, I popped on Star Wars: Episode IV. The boys sat to watch that, while Kimi and I found some time to catch up. It was SOOOOO nice. I really love spending time with her and her family. I told my sister afterwards that Kimi is one of my friends who "grounds me" whenever I see her. It's such a nice thing.

Kimi and I don't see each other nearly as often as we should. I'm hoping that we're able to change that very soon. We all enjoy our visits with each other so much. I'm looking forward to seeing all of them again - hopefully within a few short weeks!

No comments: