Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Warming Hut Painting - almost done?


Warming Hut Painting - still in progress

I've been working more on my oil painting of the Warming Hut. It's getting down to the details now. I mainly worked more on the figures walking down the path, as well as the figures in the background on the dock. I've also worked a bit on the buildings - the windows, as well as small details on the Warming Hut itself.

I've added hints of detail on the boats in the bay and on the buildings far away in the Marin Headlands.

I think the next step will be to add the cables on the Golden Gate Bridge. Kind of intimidating, right?

My instructor, Dean, has returned from his teaching travels in Florence! I'll be seeing him next on Monday. I'll be bringing my painting to him then for his feedback. I'm sure there will be several suggestions that he'll have. Part of me is considering waiting to paint the cables until after I see him, in case he has any major changes for me to make.

No comments: