Thursday, July 04, 2013

Happy Fourth of July!!

Happy Independence Day!

We had a nice, low-key, gathering at our house this evening. David, Miguel and Blane came over for a fairly traditional Fourth of July BBQ, complete with Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, baked beans, potato salad and corn on the cob. Many thanks to my husband for cleaning the grill last weekend so we could cook on it tonight!

It turned out to be such a nice day. Low 70s, I think, which was just perfect! The wind had died down by dinner time, so we cleaned off the table and ate outside. It's been a long time since we've done that!


dinner al fresco

After dinner, we played a game of Balderdash. I can't remember the last time I played, but I'm pretty bad. I came in dead last, while Dick took down the whole game!


Miguel and his Yoda pen


Balderdash game

After the game, we decided to watch "The Empire Strikes Back"! I believe it is the traditional movie of the Fourth of July. ;)


"The Empire Strikes Back"

The San Francisco fireworks started at 9:30. It was one of the best evenings for fireworks that I can recall. We were out on our balcony wearing light jackets and shorts. It was a clear and perfect night for fireworks.


"There's gonna be fireworks on the fourth of July!

No comments: