Monday, July 29, 2013

My new Fitbit



I finally jumped on the Fitbit bandwagon and ordered a Fitbit One last week. Dick ordered the new Fitbit Flex, but it is out of stock temporarily and will be shipped in a couple of weeks.

My Fitbit was delivered Saturday afternoon. The set up was super-easy, and now I can review my daily stats from either my computer or from my bluetooth enabled smartphone.

I took it out for its first major test drive yesterday on my 12-mile training walk. I have to admit: I get it. I understand why this little device helps motivate people to move more. I took it out today on my regular 2.5 mile walk, and was able to see how many steps I take during my walk towards my 10,000 steps per day goal. It's kind of fun. I also notice how often I walk up and down the stairs in our house.

I also appreciate the sleep monitor. The last two nights, which have been documented in my Fitbit dashboard were both really good nights of sleep. (almost 8 and 9 hours of solid sleep!) It will be interesting to see the results on nights when I wake up with insomnia or am more restless.

I also started to log my food just to see what that shows. Might be interesting to document my eating habits - for good for for bad.

If you've been thinking about purchasing a Fitbit, please consider buying it from the link from the Immediate Impact Walk. We are an Affiliate Seller of fitbit! 12% of your purchase goes to the Immediate Impact Walk.

Here are screenshots of my Fitbit Dashboard after yesterday's 12-mile training walk. It was around 3:00 in the afternoon, and I had already exceeded most of my goals. This won't happen on average days, mind you, but kind of fun to see all those happy faces! :)


My Fitbit dashboard after yesterday's 12-mile training walk


apparently, I respond well to a nice User Interface design with animated Happy Faces!

No comments: