Monday, April 29, 2013

Trina's Tip of the Day: BofA Cash Rewards Credit Card

This is a BIG tip that I just learned.

One of our credit cards is through Bank of America. We have the BofA Cash Rewards Card which gives you 1% cash back on all purchases, 2% back on groceries, and 3% back on gas.

This is all well and good, and returns to us a decent bit of money. Something is more than nothing, right?

I just got off the phone with a representative to let them know about our upcoming travel plans. It's important to do this if you're traveling out of state or especially out of the country. Otherwise, if they're good, they might block the usage of your card, as the use of your card in an unusual location should raise some red flags for possible fraud.

When I was finishing my phone call with the rep, they let me know how many reward points we have on our card, meaning, how much $$ we have from our cash rewards.

But then, he told me the big news that I was not aware of.

If you have a BofA checking or savings account, and you deposit your check rewards into that BofA account, they will give you another 10%!

(here's the exact wording from their website):
Plus a 10% customer bonus when you redeem your rewards into a Bank of America® checking or savings account

We've been "collecting" our cash rewards for a couple of years now, so it's a decent amount, and an extra 10% on top of that is extra bonus cool. I've had a BofA account since I was a little kid, so this was a no-brainer.

Good to know!

...and that's your handy dandy webTrina Tip of the Day!

No comments: