Sunday, April 21, 2013

Our Spring visit to the Biltmore House and Gardens

We had a free afternoon in Asheville today, so we decided to make a visit to the Biltmore House. The last time we came was with my parents in October 2004, then before that in late November, 2002.

I haven't mentioned this yet, but the first thing I noticed while driving around NC on this trip is how everything is in bloom, and is so beautiful! I've never come to visit in April (mid to late March, but never in May) and now I hear from everyone that April is the prettiest month in North Carolina. Spring is in full bloom, and the colors are all so bright and vibrant.

On that note, the Biltmore House has it's annual "Festival of Flowers" from March 21st through May 19th. Perfect timing!

We started with the gardens, as that was our main interest today. It was so beautiful. They had enormous flower beds filled with tulips - probably the largest beds of tulips I've ever seen. I could have strolled around the gardens for hours. :)

We did a tour of the house, which was fantastic, especially since we haven't been in quite some time. I think they may have opened a few more rooms since the last time we came. Photos weren't allowed inside the house, so the only photos I got today were of the gardens and the exterior of the house.

I'm so glad we were able to squeeze in another visit to the Biltmore House. It's such a beautiful and impressive estate, unlike anywhere else.

No comments: