Sunday, April 14, 2013

2013 SF WGI Party!

Another year, another WGI....

...another great WGI Party at my house with a bunch of great friends!

We had a blast last night. Was it me, or was it louder than usual? ;)

We had a lot of new friends attending this year, and were missing some of our friends who had made it previous years. Each year, it's a little different. This year, I mixed it up a bit: we had our usual "Get to know you questionnaire" which is a fun way for everyone to learn about each person's color guard history. I read these to the crowd in-between guards. It's a lot of fun. The new thing this year was my WGI BINGO cards. The idea was that people would learn about each other, and fill each other's names into each of the BINGO squares. It didn't quite work out as I expected, as a lot of people were able to put their own names into many of the squares. Oh, well - still super fun!

The WGI Snark Jar for a Cause was a great success! We raised $357 in donations towards my fundraising for the Immediate Impact Walk! I also had put out an invitation for a "Virtual Snark Jar" to my friends across the country, and many people signed up for that. I've already received numerous donations from some people, and hope to get a little bit more within the next few days.

Another new component to the party this year was that I asked people to bring any WGI Memorabilia that they could share. We had several old guard member jackets, a few uniforms, a few flags, some props, some photos and various WGI programs. Super Fun!!

We had a lot food and a lot to drink! It made for a very fun, and entertaining afternoon and evening.

Thanks to all who came! I had a great time watching WGI with all of you.


the set-up


the early stages of the food table. UD Arena concession stand, eat your heart out!


the Snark Jar early on
I rang the cow bell every time someone put in $25 for unlimited snarkiness



sample WGI BINGO Card


another sample WGI BINGO Card. I had over 60 individual cards randomly generated, all different!


TJ and Lisa showing off their Studio One pose and partial uniform!


My purple Kingsmen dress! how on Earth did I used to fit into this thing?!


Uniforms and member jackets from years past!


watching WGI!


another shot of our crowd


Jolie and Bonnie, making their payment into the Snark Jar


Jolie proudly wearing her Miller's Blackhawks '89 Member shirt!


My cute Mom wearing her '93 SSR Shirt!


Most of the gang - Philip left early, Chad came late, my Mom took the photo, and Linda came a little later


The Snark Jar by the end of the evening - $357!!


flags, props and old WGI programs


rack 'o old member jackets. there's a whole lot of history there!


Two versions of the State Street Review Jackets (thanks, Ray O!)


Adrian with his Blue Devils '98 flag


Jolie with her '89 Blackhawks prop


Adrian, Lisa and Diana - BD '98 flag, San Jose Raiders '88 flags


Lindsey won the award for most years marched! Check out all the years down her sleeve that she marched with the Blue Devils!


Adrian & Trina sporting our State Street Review jackets
(which, by the way, are heavy wool, since we lived in Wisconsin. A stark contrast to the light denim jackets of the San Jose Raiders and Blue Devils, which are both from the Bay Area!



Representing State Street Review 1993


The Blue Devils


Trina and Jolie representing the Miller's Blackhawks!

No comments: