Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Outlook.com Launch Party

Last night, I attended the outlook.com Launch Party with Dick and some of his work colleagues! It was held at 620 Jones, which is a pretty awesome roof/patio bar/restaurant on Jones Street, in Union Square. They had lots of great food, drinks, and quite a crowd. What a great way for Dick and his team to celebrate the HUGE launch of the product they've been working so hard on for over a year.

A special treat for the evening was the live music: We had an hour concert by "The Lumineers". They were FANTASTIC! What a great band! I was familiar with at least one of their songs "Ho Hey", and really loved the entire set. They were a great live band, and even came into the audience and sang acapella for their last song. Really awesome.

I had a chance meet, reconnect and visit with several of Dick's colleagues on the outlook.com team. Super happy for all of them. It was a big day.

One thing that I quickly learned last night is that Dick uses some of my emails and photos while running his demos at work. How did I learn this? At least 5 or more people that I met last evening told me that they felt like they knew me already from Dick's demos. Funny! I had no idea. Totally fine, of course. Goodness knows, I take enough photos of Dick and talk about him all the time on my blog. :)

It was a great evening of celebration with the outlook.com team. congrats to all involved on a job well done!

... and did I mention that there was an ice cream bar at the end of the evening? :)


Dick and some of the outlook.com team


The Lumineers


So happy together!


The Lumineers come down off the stage to sing one last song


My husband, the rock star!
Here's Dick addressing the crowd at the end of the evening - talking about outlook.com, and thanking everyone for coming


No comments: