Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More figure drawings

Here are some photos from last night's figure drawing session.

I continue to have severe issues with facial features, although I will give myself credit for at least attempting to draw them at all. :) Some are certainly better than others, but it's all part of the journey...

I've said it before, but it seems like the 7-minute drawings are my sweet spot. I think I have just enough time to get the basics in, and not so much time that I muck it all up.

My hands and feet (especially the hands) are getting progressively better week to week (I think). Still having issues with the face/head proportions as well as proportions in general, but it's getting better....


7 minute


7 minute


20 minute
This one was a real challenge given the perspective of the hands and legs/feet. I'm pretty pleased with it overall.



20 minute
The proportions of the lower body seem a bit off, but I'm most happy with her face. The model has shaven/spiky hair, and this actually resembles her a bit.



30 minute
although this isn't bad, I'm afraid I've aged this model at least 30 years or more. This is what happens when I have too much time to muck around.



No comments: