Wednesday, August 08, 2012

B of A app for depositing checks



I love it when an app comes out that simplifies your life.

Bank of America's iPhone and iPad app lets deposit a check simply by taking a photo of the front and back of it. This is really handy for me. Since I'm a small business/independent contractor, all of my clients send me checks. I probably have more checks to deposit than most people. Although it's never an issue to go to the bank, sometimes I forget, and it takes me longer to make a deposit than it should. It will also save me time at the ATM: I love that I can deposit them one-by-one to the ATM with their multi-check feature, but it takes a long time when you have a stack of checks.

I know other banks came out with apps capable of this feature before, but I'm really glad that BofA finally caught up!

No comments: