Thursday, December 05, 2013

"Taxi" Painting: Session 3



With all the hustle and bustle of the move, I haven't had a chance to paint lately. It was nice to take a few hours to paint yesterday afternoon with Dean.

I started adding color yesterday, since most of the monochromatic under-painting is done. It was a little intimidating at first to put the yellow on the cab (yellow is a tricky color), but it seems to be working out okay so far. I especially liking the colors and shapes in the bumper of the cab.

I also started to add the greenish-blue colors to the overpass. I'm going to have to work on softening the lines a little bit eventually so that they don't stand out so much.

I have a lot of work to do on the middle section of the painting - all the other cars, as well as the on/off ramp in the background.

I'm hoping to squeeze in a couple more painting sessions with Dean before the end of the month.

No comments: