Tuesday, December 17, 2013

First visit to the Original Costco!!!

We're back up in Bellevue for a few days this week. My parents are also here, visiting for a few days to help me get settled in.

Today, the three of us did a pilgrimage of sorts: we drove to the ORIGINAL Costco in Kirkland, WA! Yes, we were all a little geeky about the whole thing. It's an easy drive, and a mere 10 minutes from our new place.

We did all the Costco must-do's: we ate lunch (Dad had the hot dog, Mom had the Beef Brisket Sandwich, and I had a hot turkey sandwich). We did some shopping, and got (almost) everything on my list. Nice to stock up on all the Costco basics here. We even got Costco Gasoline! :)


Mom and Dad at the Original Costco!

The biggest shocker of the day was the additional taxes on alcohol here in the state of Washington:


What the WHAT?!

Yikes!! Alcohol costs a LOT more here in WA than it does in CA!
That's an extra $11+ for state taxes.

We ran a few other errands after Costco to pick up a few new things for the new place.

It was SO nice to have my parents here to help me and keep me company while we explored the new area.
Thanks, Mom and Dad!!! xo


No comments: