Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Doughnuts and Dim Sum

Today was another fun adventure in our new town of Bellevue. I brought my parents to Top Pot Doughnuts this morning for breakfast. This is a great place that Paula and Reeves introduced me to a few years ago. It's just a few blocks away from our new place - I'm not sure if that's good or bad, given how delicious the doughnuts are. :)

My Dad and I each had Apple Fritters, and my Mom had a Chocolate glazed, Bavarian cream filled doughnut. SOOO yummy!


Top Pot!


Mmmmm...doughnuts!


Dad and Mom about to enjoy their Pot Top Doughnuts

For lunch, we met Lauren at a fantastic Dim Sum restaurant in Bellevue called Din Tai Fung. Lauren is a daughter of one of my Mom's best friend from childhood, who lives in the Seattle area. I had already heard about this restaurant from a few friends, but had never been. Oh, my - it was amazing!! Different in many ways from most other dim sum places i've been, but different in a good way.

Again, this place is just a few blocks away from our new home. I imagine we'll be going quite often. (as long as we're up to fighting the crowds - this place was packed with a line outside at 11:30 this morning!)


the front of Din Tai Fung had a wall of windows looking into the dim sum chefs. There were dozens of people making dough, rolling out, filling, and folding the dim sum. So amazing! I'd never seen anything like this at any other dim sum restaurant.


Lauren and Mom, showing off the pretty dim sum

No comments: