Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Seattle Move: Day Two

Here was today's crazy schedule. The timing of all of the appointments weren't scheduled to be this close together, but most of them came earlier than planned:

Comcast (internet & cable): 8:45-9:45

Furniture Delivery #1: 9:30-10:30

Furniture Delivery #2: 11:00-12:15

Movers (delivery of the 25 or so boxes/items that weren't delivered yesterday): 12:30-12:50

Special Movers (who unloaded the art crates, unpacked our TV, and set up our adjustable bed): 1:00-1:25

It was a very busy, non-stop morning. Each of these deliveries (not including Comcast) needed to use the loading dock of the building. I had the loading dock reserved all day, but it still took some finagling to make sure everyone was able to get in/out on time.

By 2:00, I realized that I was very hungry. Luckily, we had leftovers from dinner last night. Only problem: I hadn't had a chance to unpack the kitchen yet, and needed a microwaveable dish. I figured out which box would most likely contain our plates, but it took me a while to unpack everything that was on top of them in the box.


Here's everything I had unpacked out of one box before I came to one of our microwavable plates. Good thing I had brought a plastic fork with me yesterday!

I spent the rest of the day unpacking. I made it through many, many boxes, which of course were filled with lots and lots of packing paper. Lucky for me, our apartment building has garbage/recycling rooms on each floor. I was told that I could bring my packing paper and broken-down packing boxes to this room throughout the day. Here's what the room looked like by the end of the day today. I hope they don't hate me.


Lots and lots of packing paper and boxes!

No comments: