Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Old School Phone



Yesterday, our digital landline phones were packed and are being moved. We'll still have our landline service here in SF through the end of the month.

We've always kept a "corded" telephone in our house - in case of power outage. I plugged it in yesterday, in case anyone calls me on our home number.

Last night, I heard a high pitched, alarm like sound. I had no idea what it was. At first, I thought it was our fire alarm, or a malfunction in our house alarm.

Turns out, it was the telephone ringing. So funny. This phone used to belong to Dick, so there's a good chance I've never actually heard it ring before.

After answering that call (from Dick), I decided to call my parents. This was even funnier - turns out the phone has the *really old school* pulse tone dialing! You know, the kind that would click the amount of times as each number that you press for the phone number. It took a really long time to dial my parent's number - you know, with the "1", plus the area code, plus their seven digit number. SO funny.

To top it all off, I had also pulled out our old fax machine yesterday afternoon. My friend, Diana, was over and needed to submit a fax - imagine that. So, it was a full day of old school, corded phone transactions.

No comments: