Thursday, May 09, 2013

Milipitas

I'm wondering if my parents have seen this yet....

Apparently, new freeway signs were put up in my hometown of Milpitas (Note the spelling!) within the last 48 hours.

Amusingly enough, I remember that the spine of our high school yearbook had the same typo on year (1986, I believe). Ever since then, I have jokingly called Milpitas, "Milipitas". "Oh, My lip-itas!" :)

So funny. I wonder how long it'll be before the sign is replaced.

update

A friend on Facebook just posted a photo of the spine of the 1986 "Milipitas High School" yearbook. (I got the year right!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in Hawaii years ago & had to show my I'd to get into a club. The bouncer guy yelled .. "Where's Mills penis?"

Lol!!!
Karen

Marleah said...

Our shop is on McGlincey, but City of Campbell spelled it wrong on the streets signs, forgetting the e. You can imagine what fun it is when someone tries to find us with their GPS or on Google/Mapquest -- those use the correct spelling.