Sunday, May 05, 2013

Lunch with Rob and James

A long post about our visit to the Making of Harry Potter Studios Tour is coming soon....

In the meantime, here's a post about the great lunch that I had with Rob and James afterwards.

I had a GREAT time with Rob and James today! Rob and I have been friends since 1988. Early that year, my sister studied abroad in London for a semester and met Rob when she volunteered to teach color guard out here. I met Rob that summer when visiting my sister. I was teaching guard at Saratoga HS at the time, and talked the director into hiring Rob as our drill designer that Winter. Rob stayed with my family for three weeks that first year, and we've been very good friends ever since. Sadly, we figure it's been at least seven years since we last saw each other. Ron and James have been together for a couple of years, and today was the first time I've had the pleasure of meeting him.

James found this great pub not too far from the studios. We all had traditional roast beef Sunday lunches, complete with Yorkshire Pudding.

BTW, I think my new drink of choice is Pear Cider. So yummy, and doesn't seem to have the Asian Flush affect on me. :)

No comments: