Friday, February 08, 2013

Woodward's Garden Painting: Session 2

I had my second session with my newest oil painting yesterday.

It was "fill the canvas" day, where I mostly just filled in the canvas with blocks of color. The color is actually quite off (especially the ceiling/top of the walls - ignore that, please!), but it does get the basic idea across of what the scene is. Once the paint dries, I'll be able to go back in a put in more proper colors.

Dean actually started the session off with the most lesson on Linear Perspective. The math part of my brain (which I turned off after high school) was hurting by the end, even though technically, there was no math involved. :) It was a great lesson though - I learned about horizon lines, and 1-point, 2-point, and 3-point vanishing points.



No comments: