Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy 33rd Birthday, Crissy!!!

Hard to believe, but my sister's cockatiel, Crissy, is 33 years old today!!!

Amazing!!

Our family adopted Crissy when she was a young 6-week old hatchling. Can't believe she's been with us for so long. My sister was immediately Crissy's favorite, and they've been together ever since!

BTW, the average life span for a cockatiel is 15 years.

My sister's other Cockatiel, Bonsai (seen on my Sis' shoulder) is over 25 years old. We adopted him from a friend of a friend, so don't know how old he was when he came to us, but he's been in our family for about 25 years.

It must be all the extra special love that my sister has always given them. They get cereal or oatmeal every morning, and rice, pasta, and whatever else is on her plate for dinner. They have apple juice every day, although Crissy used to be partial to white wine. :)

Happy 33rd Birthday, Crissy!!

No comments: